POAL LINK Depot Re-Opening
To all users of POAL on dock Link Facility
POAL are pleased to advise that we intend to re-open the POAL on dock Link Facility at Fergusson Terminal from Monday 18th May 2020, however in doing so we need to re-establish updated business rules and allocations to manage the capacity more effectively.
Link Import Dehire
- Units must be pre-advised or marked as LINK in PortConnect
- Shipping Line to assign import returns as per nominated levels – refer separate email from POAL to Lines regarding their allocations
- Please only assign import returns to LINK from vessels arriving late in the week or over the weekend, thereby targeting delivery into LINK later in the week and avoiding our busy days of Monday/Tuesday
- Restricted to dry/reefer containers only (Does not include Open top and Flatracks)
Empty Export movements
- Shipping Line to provide 5 -10 day forecast of empty vessel loading
- Receival only 5 days prior to vessel arrival
- Monday and Tuesday - Restricted to 3 tri-axle trailer per hour at any one time per transport operator
- Wednesday to Saturday - Restricted to 4 tri-axle trailer per hour at any one time per transport operator
- Transport Operators to closely monitor number of trucks for empty depot processing
- Drivers are only to present themselves when confirmed that containers are pre-advised
- All drivers are required to utilise both lanes to the MT depot up to the pedestrian walkway
- Drivers only to get out of their truck when they get to the front of the lane to get processed – note we are expecting to implement ‘NextUp text to queue’ process in the coming weeks which should assist the process further and limit the need for drivers to exit their trucks. Details to be confirmed in the coming weeks.
- 40GP and 40HC will be block stacked together within the empty yard
- Lines will be advised of a combined TEU allocation within the empty yard footprint – this allocation includes both LINK empties (via the truck/rail gate), Export empties (via the truck/rail gate) and LINK (via the berth – only if all customs/MPI obligations have been met).
- POAL will monitor empty stock levels and will notify the respective teams by email as utilisation levels reach 85%, 95% and 100% of allocation respectively
POAL will separately confirm to Lines the working allocations to take effect from Monday 18th May 2020.
For more information please contact:
POAL Customer Service
+64 9 348 5100 Ext.1